Summer means lots of different things to different people, but when I think of summer, I always picture myself poolside (or beachside if I’m lucky that year) with a fruity drink in my hand. I don’t think I’ve ever had a fruit-based drink that I didn’t like – I love them all! We’re excited to partner with the Florida Department of Citrus to bring this fun tropical version of a classic margarita. To really channel my inner beach babe, I thought it’d be fun to create an orange and mango combination.
2 oz Florida Orange Juice
2 oz mango juice
2 oz silver tequila
1 oz triple sec
juice from 1/2 of a lime
honey and coarse salt for rim
limes and oranges for garnish
Add your orange juice, mango juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice into a shaker with ice, and shake to combine. Add ice to your salted glass and pour your cocktail into your glass. Add slices of orange and lime for garnish and get ready to taste the tropics!
The sweetness from the orange and mango is balanced with the bite of the tequila and lime for the perfect sweet and sour combination. Of course you can make a few of these at a time or make a big batch to server pitcher style (a better choice for parties), and what better way to serve it than with some new cocktail serving essentials? The Florida Department of Citrus has put together a fun cocktail kit that we’ll be giving away to a lucky reader! To enter, follow the steps below.
For more recipes like this one, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decor, and more in your inbox!
- 2 oz Florida Orange Juice
- 2 oz mango juice
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- honey and coarse salt for rim
- limes and oranges for garnish
- Take two plates, drizzle honey on one and pour coarse salt on the other. Dip the rim of your glass into the honey, and then place into the salt to create a salt rim.
- Add your orange juice, mango juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice into a shaker with ice, and shake to combine. Add ice to your salted glass and pour your cocktail into your glass. Add slices of orange and lime for garnish and get ready to taste the tropics!
Credits//Author and Photography: Laura Gummerman.