I love asparagus. While I tend to think of it as a spring vegetable, the truth is that I can find it at the grocery store pretty much all year round. I love making this roasted asparagus anytime I’m in the mood for something green and delicious.
Roasted Asparagus Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Salt – I like flaky sea salt best
How to Roast Asparagus in the Oven
Start by prepping the asparagus by trimming off the woody ends. While the ends are edible, they are not very enjoyable to eat as they are very chewy.
Hold the asparagus stalk in the center with one hand and gently bend the end with the other. The end will snap off in a natural spot. If you want the ends to look clean you can cut the end just a littler further, but it’s not necessary.
Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Toss the asparagus so all the stalks get coated in the oil. Then spread them in one layer, or as close to one layer as you can. Sprinkle the salt over everything.
Bake at 425°F for 8-12 minutes. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the asparagus just before serving.
What to Serve Roasted Asparagus With?
You can serve this as a vegetable side dish with pretty much anything you and your family enjoys eating, but here are a few ideas:
- Bacon-wrapped filet – How to Broil Steak
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Air Fryer Salmon
More Roasted Vegetables:
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Cauliflower
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to cook asparagus in the oven?
It only takes 8-12 minutes to roast asparagus in the oven.
Should I soak asparagus before roasting?
It’s not necessary to soak asparagus before roasting. You may want to rinse the asparagus stalks if you see dirt on them.
Why is my roasted asparagus mushy?
Mushy asparagus likely means you roasted it for too long. The next time you make roasted asparagus, adjust your cook time.
Some ovens run hotter or colder than others, so it’s best to err on the side of too short cook time and test the asparagus before cooking for longer.
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 1 pound asparagus (one bushel/bundle)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (flaky)
- 1 lemon
- Start by prepping the asparagus by trimming off the woody ends. Hold the asparagus stalk in the center with one hand and gently bend the end with the other. The end will snap off in a natural spot.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Toss the asparagus so all the stalks get coated in the oil.
- Then, spread them in one layer, or as close to one layer as you can.
- Sprinkle the salt over everything.
- Bake at 425°F for 8-12 minutes.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the asparagus just before serving.
- While it’s not necessary to cover your baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, you can if you want to make clean up a little easier.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.