When I arrive to a party, the first thing I look for is the cheese plate. And I love a holiday cheese ball.
If you’ve never had a cheese ball before, it’s like a creamy cheese dip that you shape into a ball. Then, you can use either a cheese knife or crackers to dip and spread with.
This Christmas appetizer is easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. And shaping this snowman cheese ball is like a little craft project! It’s fun for any host or as a little project you could do with kids-try serving it with our Grinch Punch for a holiday party!
Related: Easy Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath – for more flavor ideas
Cheese Ball Ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Parmesan cheese – the powdery kind
How to Make a Cheese Ball:
Mix the seasoning blend in with the cream cheese. Form balls and wrap in plastic wrap to refrigerate. Once you’re ready to serve, roll the balls in the Parmesan cheese and decorate them like a snowman!
You can choose to make your snowman cheese ball upright, like pictured here. Or it could be lying on its back, which makes it a little more stable and easier for guests to dip into. Either way, it’s really cute!
Tips for Success:
- If you’d like to mix in a few other spices along with the ranch seasoning you can! Sprinkle in a little cayenne if you want to add some spice.
- Refrigerate the cheese balls for at least a couple hours (and up to three days) before use.
- You can decorate your snowman with whole peppercorns, mini M&Ms, a carrot tip, or any other edible elements you want.
Here are some ideas of what you serve this snowman cheese ball with:
- Crackers! Store bought or homemade pepper jack crackers
- Mini toasts or toasted baguette
- Cut vegetables like bell pepper or carrots
- Olives or other pickled sides – make refrigerator pickles
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (the powdery kind)
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and seasoning mix so it's well combined.
- Form two to three balls from the mixture.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to three days.
- When ready to serve, roll the balls in the Parmesan cheese and form the snowman.
- You will also need edible items to decorate the snowman like whole peppercorns, mini M&Ms, a carrot tip, or other edible items.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.