If you are looking for the ultimate summer treat for every age at your next summer party, this is it! As if regular ice cream sandwiches weren’t delicious enough, we are going to make them with mini waffles and fill them with delicious homemade strawberry ice cream … are you in?? I thought so!
We are partnering with Walmart on this summer treat and items from the Walmart Home line are the perfect way to brighten up your warm weather festivities this summer.
Whether it’s bringing bright elements indoors or fun, colorful dining outside, Walmart is your one-stop shop for all your summer needs. OK, ready to get your homemade ice cream on?
This Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker is just the ticket for making ice cream at home (and you can make frozen yogurt with it too!). Fresh strawberries … sugar … cream … and in just 20 minutes you are ready to scoop out your new favorite treat!
I love that little pink knife I found at Walmart too—those are perfect for taking on a picnic since they are small and have a protective cover.
I used this mini waffle maker to make the waffles for the sandwiching part, but you can make them ahead or freeze them and pop them in the toaster to warm them up (just let them cool before filling), or you can buy mini frozen waffles to save time, as well.
Add some food dye to your waffle mix to add some color to your waffles!
How delicious do these look!? Serving these on a long platter or colorful plates like this plate set with cute silverware is an easy way to add color to your tablescape (and I love those striped cups, as they remind me of a glass you’d get at an ice cream parlor).
I also love doing letter boards (this gold one is so pretty!) for parties so you can add a phrase or song lyric that fits the occasion!
These waffle sandwiches are great since you can make the components all at once or ahead of time to make assembly super fast for a party. I would say that since these are ice cream, you’ll want to have guests eat them immediately, but I think once they see them, that won’t be a problem!
Of course, if you aren’t a fan of strawberry, you can make any flavor you like to sandwich between your waffles (maybe chocolate ice cream with chocolate chip waffles next time?).
As you are putting together your summer parties, remember that Walmart is a great source to create your own little escape with their Citrus Summer trend and add some fun and color to your next gathering.
From the plates and napkins to the food and patio chairs, they have it all so you can get what you need and get back to party planning. Happy summer! xo. Laura
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cup strawberries (stems removed)
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- waffle mix (or frozen waffles)
- sprinkles ( or crushed cereal)
- Cuisinart ice cream maker
- Food processor
- Make sure the bowl of your ice cream maker has been in the freezer for 16-24 hours before you will use it.
- Put the strawberries into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (you can leave them chunkier if you like bigger pieces in your ice cream)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, sugar, and salt together until sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla. Stir in strawberries with all the strawberry juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Add your frozen bowl to the ice cream machine. Turn on your ice cream maker and pour the mixture into the bowl. Let mix until thickened, about 20 minutes. For a harder ice cream consistency (better for ice cream sandwiches), transfer to an airtight container and place in the freezer for two hours.
- When ice cream is hard enough, scoop between your waffles to make sandwiches and cover the sides with sprinkles! Serve and eat immediately.