It's no secret that I'm a total product junkie. I love trying new products and searching out the best pieces from each makeup line. People are always asking me what my favorite drugstore makeup products are, so I thought I'd put together a list of my favorite beauty steals!
1. L'Oreal Paris CC creme tinted eye roller — This is my absolute favorite drugstore product. You might remember me using it in my Hollywood makeup tricks post. I have several of these stashed in my purse and makeup kit. It's a lightweight under-eye illuminator that works on every skin tone. It makes me look rested even when I have a 5 am call time.
2. Revlon Skinlights — This product was so popular that people were buying it out of stores and selling it on eBay when it got discontinued. Revlon recently brought it back, and makeup artists everywhere are celebrating! Skinlights is a great multipurpose product for serious glow. You can use it alone, under your makeup, mix it with foundation, or tap it on top for seriously dewy, glowy skin. I like to mix some with my body lotion and put it on my legs when I'm wearing a skirt.
3. Cetaphil cleanser — This is a staple for makeup artists everywhere. It's a gentle cleanser that removes dirt and makeup without irritation. I have been using it since I was a teenager, and it keeps my face clean without being drying. I also keep it in my kit and dip Q-tips in it to fix mascara mistakes or lip liner smudges.
4. NIVEA A Kiss of Care and Color balm — This is a cheaper alternative to my much-loved Fresh tinted lip balm. I love the coral and cherry shades! Moisture and sheer color all in one.
5. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara, Carbon Black — THE HOLY GRAIL OF MASCARAS. This is the end all-be-all for me in terms of mascara. It's buildable, doesn't flake, and is a true black. Plus, it's less than 10 dollars. This is my favorite mascara of all time and believe me, I've tried them all (one time I spent 50 dollars on a designer mascara, and I still think this 10 dollar one is better!).
6. Maybelline BB cream — This BB cream has been getting a ton of love from the beauty blogs. Full disclosure: my favorite BB cream is still the Stila BB, but if you're on a budget this one is a close second!
7. Rimmel Stay Matte powder — Drugstore powders have a tendency to be packed with talc and can end up looking chalky, but this one has a really nice finish and (as the name suggests) stays matte for hours. I tend to be kind of oily in the T-zone, so I love this powder to keep me from getting shiny throughout the day.
8. Neutrogena makeup remover wipes — My favorite wipe. This one gets off even stubborn waterproof makeup. I keep these in my gym bag to get my makeup off before yoga and next to my bed for emergency face cleansing.
9. Revlon Colorburst Balm— Elsie and Emma love these too! They're very similar to the Tarte ones. There are tons of great colors, and they come in matte and glossy finishes! Elsie looks so awesome in the bold matter colors, and I love the glossy neutrals; there's something for everyone in her color range.
10. L'Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow — These pressed pigments are another pro secret. The colors are gorgeous and they LAST. A fellow makeup artist used these shadows while shooting a movie in a swamp in New Orleans (oh, the humidity!) and was so impressed with their staying power that she bought every color!
Those are my top 10 favorite drugstore beauty products. There are lots of hidden gems at your local drugstore, so don't be afraid to experiment! Some of my other favorite lower-priced lines are NYX and e.l.f. Target also carries a fantastic line called Sonia Kashuk. You don't need to spend a fortune to have fun playing with makeup! Thanks for letting me share! xo. AnnaRose
Credits // Author: AnnaRose Kern. Photography: Sarah Rhodes. Photos edited with A Beautiful Mess actions.
Revlon Colorburst Balm is my must have,definitely a Fav 🙂
These seem to be nice products. Wish I could get that nivea balm over here. they dont sell them here
I totally agree. I’ve found that cutting back on products and instead investing in a few good quality products that are cruelty free (which usually means safer ingredients) has made my skin SO much brighter and healthier! I haven’t worn foundation in a year!
I will definitely try some of these out!
I love the Stay Matte Powder from Rimmel. I use it everyday and it works perfectly.
Coconut or Olive oil is a great makeup remover. Try it! It conditions your lashes, too.
If you’re looking for great drugstore makeup without all the chemicals, try Pharmaca! They carry brands like Juice Beauty. The Cc cream from them has saved my sensitive skin in the CA sun. These products have pretty results, but they are so unsafe for our environment and our bodies.
Thank you for this! As a former department store beauty snob I am looking for more of these guides as I am finding I am quite happy (or happier!) with drugstore brands. This was super useful for me and my teenage daughter!
Does Anna Rose do youtube tutorials???
Hi girls! I am constantly getting informed about everything new as far as drug store products are concerned since I aka pharmacist. I really recommend korres products. It’s a greek firm that uses natural ingredients and its products that are multiply awarded are truly effective. You should definitely try out the pomegranate moisturizer. Make sure to check them out!
I love the Colourburst balms – they hold out really well too!
Great post! I love the Revlon Colourburst Balms too 🙂
Really love this post, it has inspired me to post a top 10 drugstore favourites in the near future:-) I totally agree about the stay matte, infallible eyeshadows and revlon lacquer balms – I am in love with them all. Thank you for sharing your favourites – I really want to try that maybelline bb cream:-) Loved this post xxx
Cetaphil is great for babies too. It is good for eczema prone skin (which my little one has) we always have the cleanser and lotions in stock. Love that stuff! My son’s pediatrician recommended it. Works great!
Great review on these beauty product.
Checkout my instagram. Thanks
I love Cetaphil. I have sensitive skin and that’s the only cleanser that doesn’t dry me out. I can’t wait to try that mascara! I’m always on the hunt for a good (preferably cheap) one.
those makeup wipes are my favorite!
Thanks for the list. I’m not a product junkie, so I love having the options narrowed for me. So helpful!
I agree, Lucy. I had a look at the first pic and the same thing jumped into my mind right away! there a lot of other, inexpensive drugstore products but you actually have to spend some time researching and reading the labels carefully. these ones are not amongst the “good for you” products 🙁
^ What Lucy said! ^