This is how I like to make zucchini bread. There are about a million different variations—some people like all zucchini and no carrots. I like both. Some people add chocolate, some don’t. I do. Walnuts? Yes. Raisins? No, thanks.
I’ve been making this easy and moist zucchini bread recipe for years, and recently updated the photos here on our blog. Enjoy!Jump to Recipe
Zucchini Bread Ingredients:
- Zucchini – (obviously)
- Carrots – adds sweetness and texture
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cinnamon – more flavor!
- Baking Soda & Salt – for our quick leavening agent
- Walnuts – chopped
- Chocolate Chips – optional, but I always add them
Do you have to peel the zucchini for zucchini bread?
No. Simply wash the zucchini and then grate it. The only part you may need to remove is the top steam. The zucchini can be used whole, unlike the carrots, which should be peeled before grating.
It’s also OK if your zucchini is on the watery side—this will add moisture to the bread.
Easy Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 cup zucchini greated
- ¼ cup carrots peeled and grated
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips optional
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar optional
- Grate the zucchini and carrots.
- Stir together the zucchini, carrots, cooled (melted) butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients in with the zucchini mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Then, stir in the walnuts and chocolate, if using.
- Pour the batter into a buttered baking dish. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top (optional).
- Bake at 325°F for 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
Credits // Author and Photography: Emma Chapman.