Hey there! It’s finally October. I spent the weekend taking it easy and decorating for Halloween. The best of both worlds, in my opinion.
There’s nothing better than going through boxes of decorations—it’s like opening a Christmas present because I always forget about a few things I’ve bought.
I like to add a couple things to my collection each year, especially if I come across something vintage like these candles from the 1950s. They’re so darn cute.
1. Speaking of vintage finds, I started collecting ice cream cone cookie jars this year (totally something I would say).
So far, I have a vanilla one, strawberry, and cookies and cream. I’m not kidding when I say they make me happy every time I look at them.
2. I found the perfect pair of jeans. They have the right amount of stretch (they don’t stretch out after wearing them a few times) and they fit like a dream. If you’re into “mom jeans” but don’t want anything too extreme, you’ll love them, too. I ordered a size 27.
5. Have you watched the LulaRoe documentary? It’s equal parts crazy and binge-worthy.
6. I’m a sucker for seasonal coffee mugs. These are cute (and on sale right now!).
7. I bought this cozy sweater last summer, and I’m eagerly checking the forecast to see when I can finally wear it. Patience is not my strong suit. Haha.
8. I love going to estate sales—they’re so fun and addictive. If you’re curious about the ones in your area, this website will give you all the info.
10. I love the warm glow of tealights—this Halloween village would be perfect for a mantel.
I hope your first week of October is nice and cozy. I’m going to make Emma’s veggie white chili to up the coziness factor over here. xo, Jacki