Hey there! It’s finally October. I spent the weekend taking it easy and decorating for Halloween. The best of both worlds, in my opinion.
There’s nothing better than going through boxes of decorations—it’s like opening a Christmas present because I always forget about a few things I’ve bought.
I like to add a couple things to my collection each year, especially if I come across something vintage like these candles from the 1950s. They’re so darn cute.
1. Speaking of vintage finds, I started collecting ice cream cone cookie jars this year (totally something I would say).
So far, I have a vanilla one, strawberry, and cookies and cream. I’m not kidding when I say they make me happy every time I look at them.
2. I found the perfect pair of jeans. They have the right amount of stretch (they don’t stretch out after wearing them a few times) and they fit like a dream. If you’re into “mom jeans” but don’t want anything too extreme, you’ll love them, too. I ordered a size 27.
3. Cake truffles make the best birthday gift (thank you, Elsie and Emma!). I didn’t know they made this seasonal flavor—I can’t stop thinking about how good they would be.
4. I had the pleasure of modeling (I am not a professional, haha) some T-shirts for my favorite local clothing company last weekend. Here’s my favorite shirt and matching keychain.
5. Have you watched the LulaRoe documentary? It’s equal parts crazy and binge-worthy.
6. I’m a sucker for seasonal coffee mugs. These are cute (and on sale right now!).
7. I bought this cozy sweater last summer, and I’m eagerly checking the forecast to see when I can finally wear it. Patience is not my strong suit. Haha.
8. I love going to estate sales—they’re so fun and addictive. If you’re curious about the ones in your area, this website will give you all the info.
9. I ran out of my favorite tea and thought I would order a different flavor, too. Do you think white vanilla grapefruit sounds good? I’m excited to try it.
10. I love the warm glow of tealights—this Halloween village would be perfect for a mantel.
I hope your first week of October is nice and cozy. I’m going to make Emma’s veggie white chili to up the coziness factor over here. xo, Jacki
Your vintage clock radio is so cute!
Is Cider a legit website?!?! I thought it was one of those shops that you order from and never see your product or it comes and is grossly out sized. It always comes up in my ads and I LOVE some of the stuff that comes up!
It totally is! I received my order without any issues 🙂
Well there goes my clothes budget for the year! Haha