I love the cheesiness of Valentine’s Day! I have always thought it’s so fun, and just what’s needed this time of year.
Being a week out, do you have any fun plans? Do you go out or stay in? We always get a take-and-bake heart-shaped pizza and stay in. Especially with the snowy weather that sounds perfect to me! Here’s what I’m loving this week!
1. Both of our sweatshirts are from the Kind Kids Club. I am 100% that mom who will be matching my son until he’s able to tell me no. Or until he can run away faster … which he’s getting close to doing here, haha.
I never knew there were different types of kernels to try. I always melt a little butter and add some fun seasonings, too.
3. Back to my love for Valentine’s Day. I made pink hot chocolate and I don’t know why I never thought of it before! A little food coloring goes a long way, and made this treat so fun!
4. Our basement renovation is coming along really quickly now that the drywall is in. I’m picking out paint colors and things like doorknobs. I’m picking between White Dove and Swiss Coffee for both the walls and the trim.
I did find this pharmacy mirror for the bathroom. In my opinion, Target has the best expensive mirror dupes!
5. Once the basement is done, we’re moving my office into the current guest room and adding a sleeper sofa or daybed. Any tips on making those more comfortable?
It will primarily be my office, so it needs to be functional, but I still want it to be a nice space for guests. For sure referencing Elsie’s guest room tips!
The fabric is similar to the Aligns, but I actually like them more than the Align jogger version. They’re a bit more of a relaxed fit through the legs which I like and that fits me better.
7. One other kitchen thing I’m loving: I have officially joined “team air fryer.” It’s amazing and has made meal time a breeze lately! I even made toast in it! This is a smaller option with a lot of great reviews on sale right now.
8. We had some major snow storms in Kansas City earlier this week! I really like snow + winter (unpopular opinion, I know), but I had some bonus play time with my toddler!
The busy toddler Instagram account has a lot of fun ideas. We did a painter’s tape “toy town” and Miles loved it.
9. Have you seen Encanto? I finally saw it and the songs are playing in my head on repeat! I’m pre-ordering the soundtrack on vinyl. My son loves listening to music on our record player, and this one will be so fun for dance parties.
If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s on Disney+, and if you need a reason to watch it, the music is by Lin-Manuel Miranda. Just remember, we don’t talk about Bruno!
10. The last thing I’m loving is a really big purchase, but I want to mention it in case you’ve been looking at these. We recently bought a Frame TV for our living room as a part of the basement renovation shuffle.
They’re currently on major sale for that big football game coming up next week (that I wish the Chiefs were in!). I got a price adjustment on ours since we were within the return window which made me super happy, so if you’ve recently bought one or are in the market, take a look!
Hope you have a great weekend! If you missed last week’s 10 Things be sure to check it out!