It’s been a busy week for us! The moment we cleared away the Easter candy, I started getting ready for our beach trip this week in Florida and I am so excited.
We were supposed to go on this trip with my whole family in April 2020, buuuut you can guess that it got cancelled several times. So, over two years later, we are heading out again! Some people are not beach people and that’s OK, but I will never personally understand it.
And while I don’t venture into the water very far because I’m a scaredy-cat of “what’s-that-that-just-touched-my-leg,” I do love being on the beach with a cold drink and a magazine. Here’s what else I love this week!
2. Combating dry skin on my face is an everyday thing, but using a Konjac sponge daily with my face wash has been a big help lately. It’s a gentle exfoliant made from Konjac root and each one lasts up to three months.
3. Speaking of dry skin, this easy-to-get cream moisturizer has been a game changer for my legs. I started developing some eczema patches on my always dry legs this winter, and my dermatologist suggested that as a daily moisturizer, and it’s helped so much.
They have a lotion as well, but the cream is thicker if you need extra moisture. Really wish I had found it years ago!
4. Got this inexpensive straw visor for the beach/pool this summer! I’m not really a big sun hat person, and I like that I can put my hair up in a messy bun but still get the face shade with the visor shape. And it has a little strap so you can roll it up and throw it in a suitcase or beach bag!
5. Kind of random, but I keep this package opener that Todd got me in our entryway since we get so many packages between life and business stuff.
It has a ceramic blade that isn’t sharp to the touch, but cuts really well through tape/cardboard and the blade retracts automatically into the handle. It’s great if you have to open and tear down a lot of boxes for recycling. There’s a mini version too.
6. Trying to do a makeover on the old pavilion we have in our yard and this chair would be so cute out there!
7. I am pretty bad about smashing my face into my pillow when I sleep (side sleeper here) and now that I’m 36, those lines aren’t totally going away as the day goes on, so I got one of these pillows.
This one comes with a silky pillowcase, and I’ve already noticed a big difference when I get up in the morning. The lines near my nose and eyes are much fainter than they used to be.
It’s made with memory foam bits that you can add/remove from three areas of the pillow to get your perfect fullness, and has the “c” shape on both sides of the pillow to support your chin and head, leaving the middle of your face open so it doesn’t get smashed.
Elsie swears by this Beauty Bear pillow to train you to sleep on your back, but it’s a little too firm for me and I toss side-to-side, so it didn’t work that just one side has the “c” shape.
8. I got this rug for my kitchen, and I love that it’s neutral colors but still has a fun star/constellation pattern that goes with the star and cross tile I chose for the backsplash.
9. Taking this book to the beach this week. I don’t think any author makes me laugh more than David Sedaris, and he’s just my all around favorite.
10. The perfect coffee mug for spring. And summer. Oh heck—all year round.
Can you believe my little Lola’s going to be 5 in a few weeks??! I’ve been too busy to think about it too much, but I can tell that when it hits this year I am going to be a mess.
P.S. Here’s last week’s 10 Things Sunday in case you missed it!