My son just turned 2 on Tuesday, and I have been feeling so nostalgic all week. It’s also been heating up quite a bit, so we’re pulling out the splash pad and getting everything ready for summer.
Here’s what I’m loving this week!
1. Peonies are my favorite flower. I have several bushes, but just ordered a few bouquets from a neighbor and friend who actually owns a Peony Farm. Isn’t that just dreamy? If you’re in the KC area, give @JuliePalPeonies a follow!
2. It was over 90 degrees most of last week. We went straight from winter to summer, apparently. I broke out my ice cream maker and made my first batch this past weekend!
Last year, I made lemon bar pretzel ice cream and I’m going to have to make another batch soon. There are so many great ice cream recipes in our archives to try.
3. We just started using our Solo Stove bonfire fire pit again, it’s the best when the nights cool down in early spring/summer in the Midwest. I love this fire pit because my hair doesn’t smell like a campout after a night sitting by the fire!
4. I just ordered a few movie prints from Prints and Giggles for our basement family room. I was totally inspired by Elsie’s movie room!
5. I really like this berry bin. It has an extra little tray under it to drain into, and I like that you can divide the berries.
6. For our son’s birthday party our theme was, “Two the Farm.” I’m not even going to lie—I stuck some of the cake made by @juliasmessykitchen into the freezer to hoard for myself. Not sorry about it either. 🙂
7. These biker shorts have a hidden pocket and will be a staple this summer!
8. I just bought this instant read meat/candy thermometer. It has magnets to stick to the fridge and over 100,000 reviews on Amazon!
9. In the summer … well, OK, most of the year, I live in baseball hats. This Lululemon baller hat is really lightweight and cute. I got the pink one and have been grabbing it all the time on my way out the door.
10. I just pulled out my bug bite tool. This thing is a summer necessity! Keely originally told me about it, and I’m forever grateful. I’m one of those people who starts to swell up with bug bites!
P.S. Here’s a link to last week’s 10 Things Sunday in case you missed it!