I’m always surprised when there’s a heat wave and then I always wonder why I’m surprised, since I live in the Midwest. 🙂 I made some cookies this week and got ready to celebrate my sister-in-law’s upcoming wedding, this summer is going so quickly! Here’s what I’m loving this week!
1. This watermelon slicer! This handy little tool has over 5,000 reviews and I am obsessed! At first, I thought it was too good to be true but I am so happy I tried it.
Take it from someone who has had stitches after slicing a watermelon … this is definitely worth some space in your kitchen drawer. 🙂
3. I was in Springfield yesterday for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower, and we had so much fun! I used these signs from Etsy to tie in the theme, and the theme was “she’s been scooped up” meets “sweet summertime.”
I think my favorite sign was this one—we customized it to be a mocktail recipe and topped it with cotton candy. The cookies pictured were on the dessert table and we had other candy and treats to tie it all together.
5. We bought my son this big bounce house that has a sprinkler, and so far, he is not into it … AT ALL, ha! His cousins loved it though, and I’m hoping he gets used to it by the end of summer!
6. I have a new hack for my ice cream machine! I keep the bowl in the freezer at all times! It holds our popsicles or frozen fruit in a stasher bag. That way I never have to wait for the mixing bowl to freeze before making my ice cream.
7. I’ve been trying to find more ways to keep the toys organized, or at least have the appearance of organized, and this IKEA shelf has been really helpful!
I’ve had a few friends grab it after seeing it in action. Here’s a similar version from Walmart in case you don’t have access to an IKEA.
9. Have you seen the new Top Gun movie yet? We’re going to see it at the drive-in tonight. I love going to the drive-in theatre—we try to go at least once or twice a summer.
10. I just bought this 50 States book to add to my son’s 4th of July book collection, and while it’s a kid’s book, I feel like I’m learning a ton from it, too! Especially as someone who has changed states a few times … I’m finding it really interesting!
Hope you’ve had a great weekend! xoxo, Claire
P.S. Here’s a link to last week’s 10 Things Sunday in case you missed it!