I am one of those people who did the whole Barbenheimer thing. I saw the new Oppenheimer and Barbie movies in the same day. Lol. I enjoyed both, for very different reasons. I honestly can’t think of two more different films to watch in the same day, so it’s hilarious to me how many people did and how much people are comparing the movies (they are NOTHING alike).
I’ve always loved going to the movie theater, but ever since they were mostly shut down in 2020 and then I also had a baby in 2021 I haven’t gone as much as I used to. It was a fun day for me! I sometimes make myself feel guilty for having fun or “wasting time” as my inner critique says. But I’m trying to lower the volume on that voice more and more as it’s a part of me, but not the part that I need to listen to very often.
1. I had been making this dress for a while, just for fun. It was a random idea I had last winter and I’ll do any project that sparks joy in the winter (after Christmas) because it’s a really blah time of year to me. But it turned out to be the perfect dress to wear to Barbie. 🙂 I bought vintage Barbie clothes off eBay and starting sewing them to this white sheer dress, but I got lazy and decided to adhere them with fabric glue and a white felt back instead. Ha.
2. Holographic nail polish—this was a random buy but this is seriously the BEST holographic nail polish (silver) I’ve ever used. It looks amazing in the sunlight.
3. I’m currently reading The Wishing Game by Meg Shaffer and loving it! It’s like if Willy Wonka was a writer who lived on a weird island.
4. The two items that get used almost every single day at our house is my double air fryer and our espresso machine. I feel like I’m living my best life, air frying food for my toddler and making myself fancy lattes.
5. Do you wear silver or gold more often? I’ve always been a yellow gold kind of gal but lately I’ve been getting more into silver. I bought these earrings and have been wearing them almost every day. They go with everything.
6. Our son turned 2 years old in early June and lately he’s been interested in the potty. I had thought potty training was still a ways off, but this past week he pooped in his training potty almost unprompted, so I’m thinking I need to educate myself and get going on that. I’d take any advice! I’ve heard Oh Crap! Potty Training is good. Anything else?
7. I recently bought a wood cut art from Creighton Barrett and hung it in my home office. It’s of a skull and cactus with mostly pink and yellow tones. I love it!
8. We also had a commission piece made by Erin Tyler for our entryway and recently hung it. It’s so lovely!
9. Do you cook ground meat often? I thought about buying this meat chopper for months and months and Idk why because we use it constantly now. This past week, I made Korean beef bowls for dinner and they were delicious!
P.S. Here are some recent posts in case you missed them!
- It’s zucchini season around here, so if you haven’t you should try this air fryer zucchini recipe and this easy zucchini bread.
- Lately, we’ve shared a LOT of guides to caring for different kinds of plants. Are there any kinds we haven’t posted about that you’d be interested in?
- We’ve added a bunch of new posts to Childhood Magic lately. Check it out if you’re not in the habit. It’s fun over there. 🙂