Quick! Can you think of your staple party food that you always make when hosting or bringing a dish to a get together? Well, this creamy chicken dip has been that food for me and my immediate family. My mom knows that there will be quite a ruckus at our family gatherings if this dip isn’t immediately presented when we walk in the door. It’s SO good and really easy to make (which is another reason I personally like it). We actually call this dip “chicken ball” in my family because the original recipe said to serve it in a ball shape, and we just thought it was a funny visual. But you don’t have to call it by that name (unless you want to…). Either name you choose, it’s still delicious!
1 10 oz can of white meat chicken
2 4.25 oz cans of Underwood Chicken Spread (or substitute more canned chicken if you can’t find this)
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons mayo
2 tablespoons dried parsley
fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Drain the white meat chicken and add the meat to the 2 cans of chicken spread in a large bowl. Stir in the softened cream cheese and mix together until combined. Add in the soy sauce, mayo, and parsley. Chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
I love the creamy texture of the cream cheese with the salty tang of the soy sauce and chicken. You can either make serving this a simple task by putting it in a bowl with crackers to dip, or you can make little bite-sized portions on cucumber slices for a fancier look. Either way, make sure you have plenty of room near the dip because people will park themselves by it until it’s gone! Give this a try at your next party. I think you’ll be happy you did! xo. Laura
Credits // Author and Photography: Laura Gummerman. Photos edited with A Beautiful Mess actions.
Creamy Chicken Dip
- 1 10 oz can of white meat chicken
- 2 4.25 oz cans of Underwood Chicken Spread or substitute more canned chicken if you can't find this
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Drain the white meat chicken and add the meat to the 2 cans of chicken spread in a large bowl. Stir in the softened cream cheese and mix together until combined. Add in the soy sauce, mayo, and parsley. Chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.