I am obsessed with my air fryer and have shared way too many air fryer recipes on this site already. But, I’m not done because these air fryer meatballs are so delicious and easy and the perfect compliment to a bowl of pasta and red sauce.
This air fryer meatball recipe is pretty simple. These will go will with just about any sauce or gravy you want to serve them with. But, if you want something even more flavorful, try my stuffing meatballs. I also love that when you cook with your air fryer you can see all the liquid fat that drains off as they cook (it will be in the bottom of the air fryer, under the grate). So, this is a lighter option for cooking something delicious that hopefully your whole family will love.
Related: Not sure what to serve these with? Try this easy vodka sauce and any pasta or gnocchi you have on hand.
- Ground beef, pork or a mix – see notes
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese – the powdery kind is great for this recipe
- Salt and pepper
If you want to add more spices to this mix, you totally can! Some things to try might be onion powder, cayenne, chili powder, or even Italian seasoning.
Mince the garlic.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix together to create a meatball batter. Use your (clean) hands to form 16 balls, roughly the same size.
Spray your air fryer grate with a little nonstick spray. Then place the meatballs inside.
Air fry at 400°F (204°C) for 12 minutes. The internal temperature should reach 165°F, but you can also cut one open to check that it’s no longer pink inside (a tiny bit of pink is OK, but it should not be raw).
Serve warm with pasta and sauce, gravy and mashed potatoes, or whatever else your heart desires.
Tips & Notes
- If you want, you can add parchment paper to your air fryer. If you do, for this recipe I would recommend add some slits or holes to the center so the excess fat can drain off to the bottom (under the grate).
- The outside of these meatballs will be almost crispy, as the air fryer is a great tool for, well, air frying. 🙂 So, these also can make an excellent appetizer. But do take care not to overcook them or they can become dry.
- I like to use a mix of ground meat for this recipe. I often use “Boston Burger” ground meat, which is 60% beef and 40% pork and pretty common at the grocery store I frequent. But any ground meat can work in this recipe! Just keep in mind if you use a more lean (chicken, turkey) ground meat, the nutrition facts will vary from the ones in my recipe card below.
Here are some vegetable and other side dish options to go with these air fryer meatballs:
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beans
- Baked Potatoes – in the oven, air fryer or microwave
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 1 pound ground beef (or a mix of ground meats)
- ⅓ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (the powdery kind)
- salt and pepper
- Air Fryer
- Mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix together to create a meatball batter.
- Use your (clean) hands to form 16 balls, roughly the same size.
- Spray your air fryer grate with a little nonstick spray. Then place the meatballs inside.
- Air fry at 400°F (204°C) for 12 minutes. The internal temperature should reach 165°F.
- Serve warm with pasta and sauce, gravy and mashed potatoes, or whatever else your heart desires.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.