If you are looking for an easy and delicious breakfast for a group or to make ahead and eat for a few days yourself, try this baked egg white bites recipe.
You don’t need any special equipment outside of your oven and a standard size muffin tin. Plus, you can customize these all sorts of ways!
Egg White Bites Ingredients:
- Egg Whites – or you can use the whole egg (see recipe notes)
- Cottage Cheese – adds creaminess plus more protein
- Salt + Pepper
- Add-ons: bacon bits, green onion, chopped red pepper, etc.
How to make egg white bites:
Simply stir together all the ingredients. Pour into a greased muffin pan and bake at 350°F for 25-28 minutes.
You can keep these baked egg white bites plain or add on any mix in ingredients you want. I typically add bacon bits or crumbled veggie sausage, chopped green onion, and a little cheddar cheese sprinkled on top before baking.
How long do egg white bites stay good for?
After baking, you can store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least three days (and probably longer).
Other breakfast recipes you might enjoy:
- Mini Quiche Made with Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- The Best French Toast Recipe
- Instant Pot Non-Dairy Yogurt
- Easy Grain-Free Granola
For more recipes like this one, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decor, and more in your inbox!
- 8 egg whites
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons green onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, separate the egg whites from the yolks. You can reserve the yolks for another use (like French toast or creme brûlée).
- Whisk in the cottage cheese, bacon bits, and green onion.
- In a well greased muffin pan, spoon in the batter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top along with the cheddar cheese, if using.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the eggs look set.
- The bites will puff at the end of the baking time but will deflate some as they cool. Allow them to cool before removing from the pan.