Dessert cocktails aren’t usually my first choice drink, but this perfectly smooth, sweet and boozy chocolate martini recipe has me converted!
This easy chocolate martini is super rich and chocolate-y but isn’t cloying, even with the swirl of chocolate syrup and chocolate shavings on top. If you love chocolate like I do, I think you’re going to be obsessed.
Related: 40 Fun Cocktails to Make at Home and 12 Easy Martini Recipes.
How to Make a Chocolate Martini:
This is a straightforward drink to mix, which makes me love this chocolate martini recipe even more. My favorite part of making this drink is the chocolate syrup swirl.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into a chilled martini glass and set aside.
- Shake equal parts chocolate liqueur, Irish cream and vodka with ice, then pour.
- I topped mine with grated chocolate which made for a fun extra dose of chocolate with each sip.
How Do I Make a Martini Less Strong?
If you want to make this martini a little less boozy, feel free to use heavy cream instead of Irish cream.
My favorite part of making this drink is the chocolate syrup swirl. I found that chilling the martini glass for a few minutes beforehand helps set the syrup so the lines don’t run too much.
It’s so easy to double everything to make two drinks— Valentine’s Day treat, maybe?
You can serve this chocolate martini in a classic martini glass, a coupe glass, or something unique like this. Cheers!
Love this cocktail? 20 Valentine’s Day Cocktail Ideas for more recipes.
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- 2 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces Irish cream liqueur (or heavy cream)
- 2 ounces vodka
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate (grated)
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into a martini glass and set aside.
- Add the chocolate liqueur, Irish cream and vodka to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Pour and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Such a pretty and delicious drink!
Finally a martini I can get on board with! I have wanted to like Martini’s since, well, forever – cause James Bond – but every time I’ve tried one it’s felt like I’m drinking lighter fluid. This looks so good, thank you for sharing! I’ll take mine shaken not stirred *hur hur*
Emma | geekytourist.com