Dessert cocktails are absolutely delicious and this smooth, sweet and boozy chocolate martini recipe is my favorite. This easy recipe is rich and chocolate-y but isn’t cloying, even with the swirl of chocolate syrup and chocolate shavings on top. If you love chocolate like I do, I think you’re going to be obsessed.
Chocolate Martini Ingredients
- Chocolate Liqueur I used Godiva chocolate liqueur.
- Irish Cream Liqueur Such as Bailey’s.
- Vodka Unflavored is best.
- Chocolate Syrup For garnishing the inside of your glass.
- Grated Chocolate for garnish
The best glassware to serve a martini in is a classic martini glass. We have dozens of recipes to make using these timeless glasses.
How to make a Chocolate Martini
This is a straightforward drink to mix. My favorite part of making this drink is the chocolate syrup swirl.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into a chilled martini glass and set aside.
- Shake equal parts chocolate liqueur, Irish cream and vodka with ice, then pour in the the prepared glass.
- Garnish with grated chocolate for a classy finish.
- If you want to make this martini a little less boozy, feel free to use heavy cream instead of Irish cream.
- Swap the chocolate liqueur for a flavored chocolate liqueur like peppermint to create a seasonal drink.
- Try a flavored vodka if you want to add a subtle flavor like cherry or raspberry to your chocolate martini.
Tips for making
- I found that chilling the martini glass for a few minutes beforehand helps set the syrup so the lines don’t run too much.
- Add a sprig of mint or an orange slice if you want to add a natural garnish.
- Creme De Cacao is an interchangeable ingredient with Chocolate Liqueur.
More Chocolate Recipes to try:
- Oreo Truffles
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Dough Dip
- Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Favorite Homemade Brownies
It’s so easy to double everything to make two drinks— Valentine’s Day treat, maybe?
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 2 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces Irish cream liqueur (or heavy cream)
- 2 ounces vodka
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate (grated)
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into a martini glass and set aside.
- Add the chocolate liqueur, Irish cream and vodka to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Pour and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.