With a title like “Giant Soft-Center Chocolate Chip Cookies,” I feel like you probably already know what you’re in for with this recipe. This will make 6 oversized, crispy-edges but soft-in-the-center chocolate chip cookies.
And, if you’ll allow me to toot my own horn here for a one second, then let me just say: THESE COOKIES ARE AMAZING.
To me, this is everything a chocolate chip cookie should be: baked, but still soft at the center (almost a little gooey … almost!), oversized to the point that you may only eat one at a time, and absolutely brimming with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Oh, and just a little flaky sea salt on top. Perfection!
I feel like this is the kind of chocolate chip cookie you might buy at a bakery, but these are so simple to make at home.
The below recipe will yield six cookies, which may not seem like enough, but I promise they truly are large enough that you will likely only eat them one at a time.
These are also great cookies for sharing or topping with a scoop of ice cream for a full dessert experience.
If you want to add some nuts, you can. If you want to swap the semi-sweet chocolate chips for milk chocolate (or mini M&M’s), feel free. But I like these simple and classic. Happy baking! xo. Emma
If you like these, check out my Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, M&M Cookies, and Cowboy Cookies!
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (one package)
- flaky sea salt for the tops (optional)
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugars. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract until just combined.
- In a medium to small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Then stir this in with the wet ingredients until a dough ball forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide into six balls (a little over 4 ounces each) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Sprinkle on a little flaky sea salt to the tops if using.
- With your oven rack positioned in the upper 1/3 of the oven bake at 350°F for 16-17 minutes. The edges should just be beginning to brown, but the centers will still be very soft.
- Once you remove from the oven, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 6-8 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.