I am always interested in a recipe that makes workday lunches (or other meals) super quick to come together. This chicken salad recipe fits the bill, and it’s super tasty!
I love it almost as much as my deli-style tuna salad.
I make chicken salad with grapes and I also always use canned chicken. You could use chicken meat that you cook yourself (like bake a few chicken breasts and shred well before making this), but I think the canned chicken meat works well and makes this super fast to put together.
This chicken salad recipe is creamy, crunchy, flavorful, and still super simple. I love it all on its own with crackers or cucumber slices, but it also makes great chicken salad sandwiches too!
If you want to make this a full meal, here are some things that may go well with chicken salad:
Which do you prefer, chicken salad or tuna salad? xo. Emma
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 20 ounces canned chicken (in water) (two cans)
- 2-3 tablespoons red onion ( chopped)
- ½ cup red seedless grapes (cut)
- ½ cup almonds (sliced)
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1-2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Chop the red onion so it's in very small pieces.
- Cut the grapes in half or fourths, depending on how large they are.
- Chop the parsley.
- Drain the canned chicken and add to a bowl. Shred any large pieces.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.