I’ve talked a little bit about my postpartum hair issues in this post, but one way that I’ve been counteracting my thinner hair is with a rosemary essential oil hair growth spray.
Rosemary essential oil helps your hair grow faster and can even lead to thicker/fuller hair, so it was a great way for me to support my thinner hair (and help my awkward hair growth areas grow out faster).
This study showed that rosemary essential oil worked just as well as a leading hair growth drug without some of the side effects that the drug produced in users. I think it’s such a cool finding to be able to go a more natural route (with even better results) than a drug.
Anyway, here’s the easy recipe for rosemary hair growth spray that I’ve been using in case you want to try it for yourself!
-10 drops rosemary essential oil
-1/2 teaspoon Solubol or a carrier oil
-4 ounces distilled water
–4 ounces spray bottle (amber bottles like this will keep the essential oil potent longer)
–mini funnel (optional but helpful)
Looking for more spa DIY’s?
- Make Your Own Relaxing Massage Oil!
- Make Your Own Minty Cooling Body Mist
- Eucalyptus Cold + Flu Shower Melts
- Epsom Salt Bath Soak
Give your bottle a shake and spray directly into roots and then rub it in with your fingers a bit. It makes my hair look a little wonky when it dries (it kind of gives it that wet look even when dry), so I tend to do it before bed and then fix my hair again the next day.
Spray into hair once a day. It’s true that it’s a little hard to tell for sure how much this works unless you only did it on half your head and compared it to the half you didn’t do it on, but I will say that I have always had trouble growing out my hair and I definitely noticed it growing way faster than usual.
How Long Does It Take to See Results?
This study says that the results were much more visible six months after starting treatments versus three months in, so I would stick with it a bit before giving up if you don’t see a difference right away.
And with any essential oil recipe, stop using it if you notice any adverse reactions.
Hope this simple recipe helps your hair look its best, too! xo. Laura
Looking for more essential-oil based DIYs? Check out …
For more crafts like this one, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decor, and more in your inbox!
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- ½ teaspoon Solubol (or carrier oil)
- 4 ounces water (distiled)
- 1 mini funnel optional
- 1 amber glass spray bottle
- Add 10 drops of rosemary essential oil to a 1/2 teaspoon and fill the rest of the teaspoon with Solubol or a carrier oil.
- Pour your oils into your bottle and fill the rest of the bottle to the top with water. Give your bottle a shake and spray directly into roots and then rub it in with your fingers a bit.
- Spray into hair once a day.