A classic vodka martini is a super simple cocktail. It only has two ingredients, but because it is so simple, there are a number of small variations that can really impact the final drink.
Personally, I love simple cocktails because I enjoy mixing up a drink at home sometimes, and a classic vodka martini is not only delicious, but it’s super easy to make. And, I almost always have the ingredients on hand.
Below, I’m sharing 3 ways to make a vodka martini at home!
3 Ways to Make A Vodka Martini:
- With Vermouth and a large twist of lemon
- A Vermouth wash (after your glass is chilled, add 1 tablespoon of dry vermouth and swish it around the martini glass to coat it).
- Adding an olive (and olive juice) for a dirty martini.
Either way, the number one piece of advice I have for those who enjoy a good vodka martini at home is to keep your vodka in the freezer.
This keeps your spirit super cold and ready to make into a martini in a second’s notice. 😉
If you don’t have a lemon in the refrigerator, you could swap it with a lime, orange, or even grapefruit rind. It will change the final drink, but in a pinch, these are all still delicious options. Cheers! xo. Emma
Grab the guide below to see our Top 25 recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 3 parts vodka
- 1 part vermouth
- 1 large lemon rind (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon olive juice (optional)
- 1-2 green olives (optional)
- 1 cocktail shaker or glass
- In a cocktail shaker or glass filled with ice, add the vodka and vermouth. Stir to combine and then strain into your a glass.
- Squeeze the lemon rind over the top of the drink. Then add the rind to the drink.
- In a cocktail shaker or glass filled with ice, add the vodka, vermouth, and olive juice, Stir to combine and then strain into a chilled glass.Squeeze the lemon rind over the top of the drink. Then, add the rind and 1-2 olives to the drink.
- Add the vermouth to your chilled martini glass and give it a couple of swirls so it coats the entire inside of the glass. Then, pour out the vermouth.
- Add the vodka to the glass and top with the olive and olive juice.