Elsie turned me on to this Marry Me Chicken, and now I’m obsessed. We eat a lot of chicken at our house, so it’s fun to have different recipes in the rotation … otherwise I end up making air fryer chicken wings every night. Lol.
My understanding is that it’s called “Marry Me Chicken” because once you make this recipe for someone they will want to marry you (or maybe you’ll just want to marry yourself!).
What I love about this recipe is that it’s a creamy, flavorful way to dress up pan fried chicken. You end up with this delicious sauce that you can soak up with bread or pasta.
Related: Find more easy recipes in our Dinner/Lunch archives.
Marry Me Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Basil, thyme, or rosemary
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Marry Me Chicken
First, we lightly bread and pan fry the chicken until it’s cooked through.
Then, in the same pan, we add the other ingredients to make a creamy and flavorful sauce.
Add the chicken back in and top everything with some fresh herbs and you’re ready to serve! If you want to make toasted bread or pasta to go with this, then I recommend starting that after the chicken is done.
Substitutions & Additions
- If you want a thicker sauce, you could stir in a little unflavored yogurt or sour cream.
- Feel free to add more things to the sauce—anything your family may love. Next time I make this, I’m going to try adding some chopped green olives. I also think sliced almonds or chopped walnuts might be fun, too. You do you!
- You don’t have to serve this with pasta or bread, I just like it. You could try cauliflower rice or just a simple green salad, too.
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon Lawry's seasoning salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup whipping cream (heavy)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary or a combination of these)
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Try to cut them so all four pieces will be relatively the same size.
- On a plate, combine the flour and breadcrumbs. Coat the chicken in the mixture.
- In a large pan, add the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the chicken.
- Cook each side for 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Check by cutting the largest piece in half and see if any pink remains.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, but continue using the pan.
- Add the garlic and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for one minute.
- Stir in the stock, heavy whipping cream, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese to thicken the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and top with fresh herbs.
- Serve with toasted bread, pasta, or a salad.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Made this tonight for dinner and it was so easy to make I managed to do it while my toddlers whined at me in the kitchen 😀 it turned out delicious and my husband loved it too!
Delicious! Not sure where the seasoned salt is added, but I added it at the end. Either way, it is great.
Looks so yummy! Can’t wait to try it out!
Yum!! Any idea how well this might reheat? (Or is it so good I’m not gonna have any leftovers… :D)
Made it last night – it was amazing. I did put in some sour cream to thicken the sauce a bit and I also added pan fried sliced mushrooms. My husband liked it but most importantly MY TODDLER liked it. Thanks Emma!
Hi. Do you have any ideas how to make this vegetarian? This vegetarian is looking for someone to marry and need any help I can get 😀
I would use some really nice big mushrooms! Like Portabello or something – I’m sure that would be amazing in this sauce
We love this recipe at our house!
Looks so delicious, Em!