This recipe is very much inspired by my mom. She sometimes makes a version of this lasagna for special occasions. Once I found out that she uses noodles you don’t have to boil, and she makes it a day or two ahead, I was sold!
Related: 60 Easy Dinner Recipes
This overnight no-boil lasagna is about the easiest lasagna recipe you can find, but it’s so delicious and very easy to customize if you want to change a few things up. I hope you love it as much as our family does!
I like to make the meat filling with ground turkey, but you could easily use ground beef or a vegetarian ground beef instead.
And you’ll see that I use a mixture of ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, and cheddar cheeses, but my mom says she sometimes substitutes different things based on what she has, like cottage cheese in place of ricotta.
The filling is quite soupy, which is exactly what you want for the no-boil noodles. And, I have not tested every kind of no-boil noodle, but the ones I use for this recipe are these brown rice noodles.
Not the most attractive photo, but I wanted to show you what the lasagna looks like before you refrigerate it overnight. The top layer may not get 100% covered, but that’s OK. It gets a final layer of cheese and fresh herbs before baking.
I love that you can make this overnight no-boil lasagna the day before you plan to serve it and just pop it in the oven an hour before you want dinner ready—leaving you free to do other things like prep a salad or just finish up work.
Lasagna makes great leftovers too. 🙂 Enjoy! xo. Emma
P.S. If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, try this mushroom-based lasagna recipe!
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jar tomato/pasta sauce (25 ounces)
- 10 oz. no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces mozzarella and Parmesan
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese ( for the top)
- 1 tablespoon parsley or basil (chopped)
- In a large pan or skillet, cook the ground turkey with the minced garlic just until done. Turn off the heat and stir in the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a rectanglular baking pan, add a thin layer of the meat sauce. Then add a layer of noodles (dry, do not boil). Then a layer of the cheese mix. Repeat until you've used nearly all the noodles and all the meat sauce and cheese. Try to make sure the top layer of noodles get some sauce and cheese over them.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle on 4 more ounces of cheese and the fresh herbs. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, covered. Then remove the cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.