If I’m being honest, I tend to think of peanut butter blossom cookies as more of a holiday treat. But the truth is peanut butter and chocolate are good all year round, right? I think so.
And this peanut butter blossoms recipe could not be easier, as you do not have to bake a second time or chill the dough. Plus, I’ll share other chocolate candies you can use beyond Hershey’s Kisses.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for these cookies include:
- Peanut Butter – I like creamy and any brand works well (natural or conventional)
- Sugars – you’ll need granulated white, brown, as well as turbinado sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda + Salt
- Chocolate Candies for the centers – Hershey’s Kisses are the classic choice, but my favorites are actually chocolate stars and mini peanut butter cups.
Here are three tips for successful peanut butter blossom cookies:
Turbinado sugar adds a little extra crunch to the tops of these (but you can sub granulated white if you want to). Also, there’s no need to chill the dough for this recipe. The last tip is to be sure to add the chocolate candy center at the very end of baking, but before you transfer these to a cooling rack.
Why are they called peanut butter blossoms?
These classic holiday cookies mimic a flower with a center, like a sunflower. The peanut butter cookie encases the chocolate center, like a flower blossoming. Or at least that was always my understanding.
Why are my peanut butter blossoms falling apart?
These are crumbly cookies. So, two tips:
The first tip is to not overbake these. If anything, you want to slightly underbake them. And second, when you add the chocolate candy center, there’s no need to smash it down into the cookie (a gentle press will do).
More classic cookie recipes:
- Espresso Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Basic Oatmeal Cookies
- Oversized Soft-Center Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you bake these peanut butter blossoms, let us know what you think in the comments below! xo. Emma
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup peanut butter creamy
- ⅓ cup white sugar granulated
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 24 chocolate candies see note
- ¼ cup sugar turbinado
- sea salt for the tops optional
- In a medium size mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and peanut butter.
- Stir in the granulated white sugar and brown sugar.
- Stir in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls, rolling the tops in the turbinado sugar and place on a couple of baking sheets lined with payment paper or a baking mat.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press the chocolate candy into the centers.
- Move the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool. If desired, you can also sprinkle these with a little sea salt.