Happy weekend, friends. All of the photos in my camera roll right now are mostly my son playing on playground equipment, so I thought I would highlight this Shrinky Dinks post I wrote recently. It was so fun to work on and I just really like how the book charms turned out.
I’ve been making a lot of DIY jewelry lately. It’s been my winter-stay-sane hobby this year and it’s been a lot of fun.
Even as the weather starts to show signs of spring, I think I’ll keep my hibernation hobby going. Have you been crafting lately? I’d love to know what you’ve been making.
Here are 10 things I’ve been loving that have been on my mind lately.
1. I’m doing small challenges every month so far this year. Each one is about checking in on my habits and making sure things are still serving more or taking a break from something to see how it feels.
Last month, I did a screen time challenge and basically tried to beat my time each week—and by “beat” I mean spending less time on my phone generally and specifically on social media. It made a big difference.
This month, I’m skipping TV Monday-Thursday. I am hoping to find a little more time in the evenings for reading, puzzles, painting, and other little craft projects I’ve been wanting to do but haven’t made time for.
2. Easter basket stuff—feel free to skip this if it’s not your thing. My son is just under 2 years old and we got him a swimsuit for this summer, eggs filled with cars, this book, this book, and these cups with straws.
He’s obsessed with cars, books, and straws, so I think it will be a hit.
3. Our flatware was wearing out (we’d had it a long time), so I decided to get this gold set and we’re loving it.
4. I bought a Caboodle-type container for all my jewelry making supplies and I love it.
5. Last week, I made a big batch of these basic oatmeal cookies and froze them in balls so now we can bake just one or two when we feel like a treat in the evenings.
I hadn’t done this in a while, so you can just consider this a PSA to keep frozen cookie dough balls in your freezer. You’re welcome.
6. Last year, I bought this swimsuit and I love it. It’s one I wear when I’m not wrangling my son at the pool. My toddler-mom swimsuit is this one. Anyway, I need to up my cover-up game this summer. Suggestions?
7. I had to order a new box of this sea salt last month. It lasts so long, but it’s one I’ve bought for years and years and love. If you need a little gift for someone, give them this salt and a candle.
8. You should wear sunscreen all year, but it’s starting to be more outdoors season where I live, so I’m reordering my favorite sunscreen.
9. I started using an eyebrow stencil kit and I love it. You could use this kit with any eye brow pomade if you already have one you love. I just like the stencils and brushes.
10. We’ve lived in our house about five months and I’m just now starting to hang up family photos and a few more smaller art pieces.
Turns out all I needed was a little break from house projects and a big package of Command strips. Also, a level 🙂
P.S. Here are some recent posts in case you missed them!