If you are looking for a really quick and easy breakfast that can feed a larger group, you should try this biscuits and gravy casserole recipe.
This casserole requires just six ingredients and about 45 minutes to make from start to finish. You can also make most of the recipe the night before and then bake the morning you plan to serve this.
The ingredients for this cheesy biscuits and gravy casserole are:
- Canned Biscuits – I like Grands classic buttermilk, but any canned biscuits will work well.
- Breakfast Sausage – I use veggie sausage crumbles, but you could also use pork or turkey sausage.
- Eggs + Milk – for that scrambled egg effect.
- Cheese – shredded cheddar is my favorite, but other cheeses like pepper jack could work too.
- Country Gravy – I use canned gravy, but you could use a mix or make your own from scratch if you prefer.
Can you make biscuits and gravy casserole the night before?
Yes. Simply make the recipe up to the point where you pour on gravy. Cover the whole dish in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store it (and the gravy, separately) in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, all you need to do is pour the gravy over the top and bake.
How long do you bake biscuits and gravy casserole?
For this recipe, you bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F
Other breakfast recipes for a crowd:
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Sandwiches
- Mini Quiche (Made with Crescent Rolls)
- Overnight Baked Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal
- Rosemary and Mushroom Hashbrown Casserole
- Turkey Meatball Quiche
- Loveless Cafe Hashbrown Casserole
As I mentioned in the ingredient list, I like to make this biscuits and gravy casserole with veggie sausage crumbles. You can make your own vegetarian-friendly mushroom gravy, or find a canned or mix version.
What goes well with biscuits and gravy casserole?
Here are some ideas of things to serve along with this recipe:
- Fresh fruit (like sliced oranges or berries)
- Air Fried Breakfast Potatoes
- 5 Easy Homemade Juices
- 5 Ingredient Green Smoothie
- Crispy Hash Browns Cake
This easy biscuits and gravy casserole is total breakfast comfort food and such a simple recipe to make for the next time you are hosting a family brunch (or needing a dish to bring to a breakfast potluck).
If you make this, let me know what you think in the comments. xo. Emma
Grab the guide below to see our Top 25 recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 8 biscuits (canned)
- 12 ounces sausage crumbles (I used veggie sausage)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 can country gravy (15 ounces (or 2 cups))
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (optional)
- Cut the (raw) biscuits into fourths and spread on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole pan.
- Cook the sausage crumbles and then spread over the top of the biscuit pieces.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour over the cheese layer as evenly across the casserole as you can.
- Pour the gravy over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and any visible biscuit pieces look golden brown.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the top before serving, if using.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.