We make air fryer chicken tenders (store-bought and homemade) at home with our toddler a LOT. And while I am all for a drive-thru meal when we are on a road trip or at an airport, it’s not a big part of our regular life. So, it’s nice to know how to make your own Chick-fil-A sauce.
This Chick-fil-A sauce recipe is made from just four simple ingredients. These are things I usually already have in your refrigerator most of the time. The recipe I’m sharing below, to me, tastes exactly like the restaurant version. But when you make it yourself you can customize it to your preferences.
Related: I love this sauce recipe on everything from baked chicken, air fryer wings (as the dipping sauce) to air fryer French fries. It’s great on store-bought air fryer fries, like waffle fries, too!
- Mayo – I like real mayo but Miracle Whip is fine too
- Mustard – Standard, yellow mustard
- BBQ sauce – Any store-bought brand you like works
I will note, if you want this to taste like a copycat Chick-fil-A sauce then you will want to use the most basic (plain) ingredient options. If you use a spicy BBQ sauce, for example, it will not taste as much like the restaurant version.
In a small- to medium-size mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir until well combined, the sauce will be an orange color.
The amounts listed will make about 1/3 cup of sauce. Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you want to make a larger amount.
Tips & Substitutions
- If you want to add a little heat, use a spicy BBQ sauce or add 1/4 teaspoon or more of cayenne.
- If you want to make a vegan version of this, you can substitute the mayo for Vegenaise (or similar vegan mayo option) and the honey for maple syrup or agave.
- Sometimes I will use dijon mustard instead of yellow mustard as I like the slightly more spicy flavor.
More Sauce & Dressing Recipes
- Honey mustard dressing
- Ranch dressing
- Homemade BBQ sauce
- How to make Mayonnaise
- 3 Easy Spring Roll Sauces
- Alfredo sauce
- Seafood sauce
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small- to medium-size mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Stir until well combined, the sauce will be an orange color.
- The amounts listed will make about 1/3 cup of sauce. Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you want to make a larger amount.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.