I got an air fryer around Christmas this past year and I am obsessed! I love that you can use very little oil/fat to make super crispy and delicious french fries at home.
It’s way, way more healthy than deep fried french fries and I tend use even less oil than when I bake french fries in the oven, so that’s pretty great, too
This air fryer french fries recipe makes two (maybe even three) servings and only uses two teaspoons of oil/fat. And you get crispy french fries! I’m sorry for type yelling but it’s just pretty awesome!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fried Okra
- Air Fried Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Crispy Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Air Fried Wings
My favorite fat to use is ghee, also known as clarified butter. But another option that works just as well is coconut oil. I have a feeling you could use a number of oils, but these are the two options I’ve tested so far and feel good recommending to you.
How to Make Air Fryer French Fries
Just like oven baked french fries, you’ll want to peel, cut, and then soak the potato pieces for about 10 minutes. After that you just oil them up, season, and in about 15-20 minutes you’ll be eating crispy fries. It’s pretty quick!
You can cut your own fries or you can go with a fry cutter, like this. Of course the perfect pairing to me is with a veggie burger or an Italian beef sandwich (love these little cups for your dipping sauces, too), but honestly any burger or sandwich is great.
Whatever you serve these with, if you have an air fryer, make these this weekend!
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
- 2 russet poatoes (about 500 grams once peeled)
- 2 tsp ghee (or coconut oil)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Air Fryer
- Peel and cut the potatoes into fries (thin but not 'shoestring'). Soak in water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the melted ghee or oil, as well as the seasoning so that everything gets coated well.
- Cook in the air fryer at 356°F for 16-20 minutes. After the first 8-10 minutes, toss the fries in the basket (be careful as it's hot) so all pieces get nice and crispy.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.