That’s right. You heard me. I said, “Pina Colada Snow Cone.” Now the classic pina colada drink is basically the perfect summer treat, and you can make it a virgin without sacrificing any yum factor as well!
No fancy snow cone machine needed either, just a blender that’s strong enough to crush ice and you’re good to go …
I added ice to a blender and just kept going until it was fine “puffy” looking snow cone ice, and scooped it into some snow cone cups. We also have this snow cone machine which is amazing for making several at once for a party (and it comes with those reusable cups), but I use my blender if I’m just making one or two.
For the perfect rounded top, I fill the bottom with loose ice and then stuff shaved ice into the rounded part of a lemon squeezer (you could also use a ladle or one of these) to get a rounded mound that I put on top. This machine is so cute, too!
For the mocktail version of this, you are basically adding the syrup only and omitting the rum, but it’s still delish without and something that’s a kid-pleaser as well with the sweet fruity taste.
You can make the mix ahead of time if prepping for a party and it will store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days (just give it another quick blend in the blender before using).
I love these bamboo sticks for garnishes, so don’t forget to add a little flair to your snow cone with some cherries and pineapple wedges (and maybe a tropical napkin as well, and you can use spoons or snow cone straws!).
Whether you have a full snow cone cart set up or just a kitchen blender, this summer treat is sure to make any afternoon a little more sweet 😉 xo. Laura
P.S. Check out 40 Fun Cocktails to Make at Home for more recipes!
Get our FREE recipe guide with our most popular recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Pina Colada Mix
- 1 cup cream of coconut (Coco Lopez is a popular brand)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- splash light rum
- splash dark rum
- Mix your cream of coconut, lime juice, and pineapple juice in a blender and blend on high until combined.
- Add ice to blender and blend until fine and puffy looking
- Scoop ice into glass or cone and saturate with pina colada mix
- Add splash of light and dark rum to taste or leave as is for a virgin option. Garnish with cherry and pineapple and serve immediately.
- Store unused mix in airtight container in fridge for 2-3 days.