Peanut butter is a hot commodity in our house. It is not a resource to be wasted. These easy peanut butter cookies are very much worth baking—a good use of this precious resource. Ha. I thought about naming these double-peanut peanut butter cookies or maybe peanut-lovers peanut butter cookies, but decided those were too long and clunky.
These cookies do get a double dose of peanuts though, both from the peanut butter as well as additional chopped peanuts.
For this reason, I highly recommend having a glass of milk on standby when you try these easy peanut butter cookies. They are packed with flavor, but not overly sweet (you know, for a cookie).
Yes, the batter looks like chunky peanut butter. But I promise there is more to it even though these cookies are pretty simple and made of mostly pantry staples (if you bake much, that is).
I love to top these with flaky sea salt. This is an essential part of almost any homemade cookie, IMO. My favorite salt is Maldon Sea Salt Flakes because the texture cannot be beat!
If you love peanut butter as much as we do at our house then I highly recommend baking a batch of these easy peanut butter cookies! Enjoy. xo. Emma
Love peanut butter? Try my Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies recipe, too!
For more recipes like this one, don’t forget to subscribe!
Get creative ideas for recipes, crafts, decor, and more in your inbox!
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts (roughly chopped)
- flaky sea salt ( for the tops)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugars. Then, stir in the vanilla extract, peanut butter and egg until just combined. Add the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and chopped peanuts and stir until dough forms and no loose flour remains.
- Spoon onto a prepared baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a baking mat. Sprinkle sea salt over the tops of the cookies.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.