Happy weekend! Did you see the first AILA nail polish color “Supernova” that’s going to be in our beauty box that I’m wearing above?? So pretty!! I wear a lot of AILA polish anyways, so it’s so fun to have a collab with them and mauve/purple/pinks are my jam lately and it’s right up my alley. I’ve been pleasantly surprised that I have been able to keep relatively long nails as a mom and not run into any problems (I think I was afraid I would scratch Lola with them but that hasn’t really happened). Any little thing that still makes you feel like yourself as a new mom I consider a win! Here’s what else I’ve been loving lately:
1. This may be my top bath/shower product to date! Not only do I absolutely love the smell, but it leaves my skin so soft and moisturized without an oily residue.
2. I was at a friend’s baby shower this week and the hostess had one of these in her kitchen so guests could make a latte—and holy cow you guys, it was so, so good! It grinds the beans in the machine so it’s super fresh tasting—totally on my wish list now for sure! Speaking of baby showers, if you need a great baby gift, I gave my friend this kit with lots of all-natural essentials to keep baby’s skin happy and healthy. The baby oil even has a real calendula flower floating in it, which is so pretty.
3. I’ve been using an eyeshadow that is literally 4-5 years old (waaaay past the expiration date, I’m sure!), but I didn’t want to get rid of it because they discontinued the color and I hadn’t found one I liked as much until this week! This shadow (in Dawn) has just the right amount of richness and a bit of shimmer so that I can wear a little for the day or add a few layers for a more dramatic night look. It’s also a great shade to use in the crease of your lid with a lighter color underneath for that ’60’s Bardot eye …
4. Still not over the eye jewelry yet, especially as a ring.
5. Definitely going to start adding to my summer romper collection—this is the first one on my list!
8. Been wearing this all week—so comfy and a subtle way to rep that #momlife. They also have these for some cute mom/baby matching (Lola’s got this peach version that’s so cute on her) and you know how much we love a good matching set …
9. My sister-in-law Sarah is one of best/craziest/funniest girls I know and I love getting to read about the weekend they spent with us recently. When you have visitors, you usually try and show your guests a good time and take them to all the cool spots and whatnot, so it’s fun to read about her experience and the places they liked the best while they were here. I mean overall, they definitely just liked Lola the best out of everything, but who can blame them on that?!
I got the garden soil to plant a raised garden bed this year—it’s both exhilarating and terrifying, but I’m trying not to put too much pressure on myself to get it all right the first year. Even if we just get a few things to eat, I’ll consider it a win! We’ll see how it goes! xo. Laura