One of the questions we get quite a bit is what printer we use for our photo and crafting projects, so we partnered with our friends at Canon USA to give you some tips on how to get started with printing at home! We print tons of photos and think it’s totally worth it to have a printer you can use at home.
- Canon PIXMA TS9521C – This is the newest printer from Canon USA and our whole team is super excited about it. It can print up to 12×12 AND is multipurpose, meaning it can be used for printing, scanning, copying … pretty much for any project you dream up.
- Canon IVY – How cute is this mini photo printer? Canon just released this earlier this year and we’re loving the colors it’s available in. To use it you connect it to your phone via Bluetooth and it prints out 2×3 prints that have a sticker application on the back. It comes in mint green, rose gold and slate gray.
- Inks – Canon’s ink is developed to be compatible with their printers and the colors are gorgeous. And since we know ink isn’t the most exciting purchase … you should check out the giveaway details for a chance to win a stash! 😉
- PIXMA TS8820 – This is also a great option if you’re wanting a lower priced option for a printer. It doesn’t do the large format printing, but the quality is really great and it’s still multipurpose.
- A Design Kit – Dress up your photos with different brushes, stickers and text using our newest app, A Design Kit, available on iOS.
- A Color Story – We use A Color Story Desktop or our app on our phones to edit photos before we print them. Have you tried the new color select feature? We’re having so much fun with it to make certain colors pop in our photos!
- Tattoo Paper – If you want to make a temporary tattoo (because why wouldn’t you?), this is the paper we recommend.
- Luster Paper – This is our go-to photo paper. It comes in a variety of finishes and sizes, and our favorite is the semi-gloss for everyday prints and projects.
- Vinyl Paper – There are so many fun applications with this paper! We’ve used it on multiple projects and we’re super impressed with how the color was still strong on a different type of material.
Needing inspiration on how to use your printer at home? Below are some of our favorite printing projects from over the years. If you try any of them, make sure to tag us so we can see!
- Pom Pom Magnets DIY – A simple way to display your photos, and a great gift idea!
- Nova’s Adoption Book – Elsie shared this adorable book she created for Nova, and you can make one too!
- Giant Gallery Wall – Elsie created a gorgeous gallery wall in her hallway using family photos.
- DIY Poster Display – This project is a simple and unique way to display large or uniquely sized photos.
- Lucite Photo Block Display – One of our favorite things is to change up how we show off our photos. In this project, Laura showed how to use a lucite block and turn it into a photo display.
- Temporary Tattoos – Score a free download in this post and have some fun making your own tattoos!
- How to Update Thrifted Frames – We tried out five different ways to upcycle frames from a thrift store, and if you print at home you can print a variety of sizes to display them!
- Transfer Photos to Wood – This post was recently updated to show different techniques on how to make the transfer possible. It’s one of our top posts and you should definitely try it out!
- Document Pillows -This tutorial was inspired by wanting to show off important documents instead of filing them away.
- Epoxy Jewelry Box – Is it too early to be thinking about Christmas gifts? Because this would be such a sweet and personalized gift idea!
- Floating Acrylic Frame – One of our most popular posts, Elsie made a frame from acrylic and used it to show off a large print.
- Pet Photo Pajamas – Matching pajama #goals inspired by Laura.
Good luck! -Emma