If you are looking for a classic cookie recipe with just a little bit more going on than your average chocolate chip cookie, you should bake this M&M cookie recipe.
These cookies are soft and chewy with a little crunch and chocolate from the M&M candies. I used all white chocolate M&Ms, but you could use other colors for holidays or other occasions, or swap them out for peanut M&Ms or other flavors.
This M&M cookie recipe is super simple and can be made in about 30 minutes or less. You could gift these or double this recipe and freeze the cookie dough to bake individually as you please, or have something in your freezer to pull out in case of surprise guests.
Related: Try this chocolate chip cookie bars recipe with M&Ms instead!
M&M Cookie Ingredients:
- Butter, softened
- Granulated white sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract (make your own!)
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- M&M candies
Cream together the softened butter and sugars. Then, stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms. Then, stir in the candy.
Bake at 350°F for 10-11 minutes.
Tips for Success:
- Start with softened butter. It’s best to set the butter out the night before unless your house is quite warm (maybe it’s summer?). Then, it may not take this long.
- If you spoon the batter onto the baking sheet before baking, the cookies will look sort of shaggy.
- Alternatively, you could roll them into dough balls or use a dough scoop to form them. You can see the difference in the photo below. Either way, the cookies will turn out tasty.
- You can buy M&M candies in all one color, use a seasonal color, or mixed.
More Great Cookie Recipes:
- Ricotta Cookies
- Birthday Cake Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Basic Oatmeal Cookies – one of my favorites!
- Espresso Cookies
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use regular M&Ms for baking?
Yes. You don’t have to use the mini kind or options found in the baking aisle. Any M&M candy can be used in baking.
How do M&Ms not melt in baking?
The hard candy coating prevents the chocolate from melting out during baking. But if you bite into a cookie while still hot, the chocolate inside will be melted.
How long will cookies stay fresh?
If you store cookies in a well sealed container at room temperate they will stay fresh for at least a week, if not longer.
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces M&M candies
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugars.
- Then, stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Then, stir in the candies.
- Spoon the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-11 minutes. The edges should begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Me gusta todo lo mostrado, aprendere a hacer algunas de sus recetas,gracias.
These look so good!
Such a fun recipe! Next time I’m going to use all black M&Ms 🙂 Spooky