Happy fall ya’ll!!!! Emma here. It’s my favorite time of year. I am giddy and I know it’s annoying but I’m not sorry. Ha. And if you missed it, we posted a little time-lapse video of me making this crazy autumn wall in my home office on our IG a couple weeks ago. My favorite part is how much my little pug buddy, Lovers, follows me around in it.
1 Just wanted to mention a couple movies and a show I watched recently and loved. If you like to learn about serial killers (I love true crime and crime thrillers generally), watch this season of Mindhunter. Last season was good too. I also really enjoyed Always Be My Maybe (silly and fun rom-com) and also The Farewell, which is more serious but really good.
2. The book club I’m in is about to read this book. Ordered my copy and can’t wait to start.
3. If you are OK with faux plants and are in need of a large fiddle leaf that is very reasonably priced, check this out. We have two in the holiday house.
5. Recently bought this cookbook—been a fan of hers for years. Already made a couple recipes from it and they are BOMB. If you like baking, check it out.
6. Realized I’ve never told you about my favorite jeans brand. I own seven pairs of jeans and five of them are Good American. If you have a bigger booty/hips and a small waist and consequently have trouble finding jeans that fit and don’t gap in the back, I highly recommend them.
7. I don’t buy new clothes super often, but when I do I feel like I go on a bit of a rampage. I’m not recommending this, just being honest. Recently bought these sandals, these flats, and also these boots. We did a few sponsored posts with Sofft Shoes a while back and I just love them. Crazy comfortable and really cute. (Just to be clear, this isn’t sponsored—I just bought these three pairs recently and am sharing).
9. Recently finished this novel and am still thinking about it. It is a novel but it feels almost like a collection of short stories. Really rad. Can’t wait to read more from this author.
10. Been making time to paint more just for fun. You can see my easel in the back of my home office. I only keep two canvases and I just paint over a painting once I’m done (I take a photo first). For some reason, this takes the pressure off for me and I just feel more free to create with no expectations. I paint just to enjoy the process of painting. Don’t necessarily think this kind of thing is for everyone, but it’s making me really happy lately.
Hope your weekend has been relaxing or productive or whatever you needed it to be. xo. Emma