Happy birthday to me! Yes, today is my 36th birthday. To celebrate, I baked myself these birthday cake cookies. Could I have made birthday cake cookie butter? Yes, and it’s also delicious, but today just needed actual cookies!
Related: The Best Cookie Recipes
You could probably think of these as funfetti birthday cake cookies, as they taste like a classic birthday cake and heavy on the sprinkles. Lol. These are as fun to make as they are to eat!
The key to these is a little chopped up white chocolate chips in the batter. Something about this just makes these cookies more cake-flavored to me.
But if you’re not feeling the sprinkles, here are a few of my other favorite cookie recipes:
- Oversized Soft-Center Chocolate Chip Cookies – basically an XL size of the classic
- Classic Shortbread Cookies – simple but an all-time favorite
- Lemon Burst Crinkle Cookies – if you’re feeling like you want something citrus
- Chocolate Snowcap Mountain Cookies – if you need something ultra chocolate-y
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies – if you (like me) still enjoy pumpkin recipes even when it’s not autumn
These birthday cake cookies are super simple and a great cookie to make ahead, as the batter needs to chill in the refrigerator for an hour or up to overnight.
You could also choose to bake some and freeze some of the dough to save for another celebratory occasion.
Birthdays hit a little differently at the moment, but as a January birthday I’ve always felt that a little. Snow days or sickness can always derail plans this time of year, and the last couple years that’s just been an even bigger possibility.
Grab this guide to see our Top 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Popular Recipe Guide
Our top 25 recipes of all time!
Get the Recipe
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar (granulated)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (white)
- ¼ cup funfetti sprinkles (plus more for the tops)
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until a dough forms.
- Give the white chocolate chips a rough chop, and then stir those along with ¼ cup sprinkles into the dough.
- Chill for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
- Spoon the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Roll the tops of each dough ball in more sprinkles.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes. The bottoms of the cookies should begin to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool before transferring to a cooling rack or storing.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Perfect birthday cookies!!
my grand kids love them even tom( who was turning 10 ) love them and he said they were the best thing he got for his b day
Awe! That review makes me so happy!
Another killer recipe, Emma.
Okay, I made them again for my co-worker’s birthday and everyone loved them so much. Upping my recipe rating to 5 stars! This is definitely a keeper. 🙂
We share a birthday! Happy Birthday, Emma! I’m definitely making these
Easy and yummy! Made my dough last night and then baked this afternoon in time for tea/coffee. Sweet and yummy, totally what you’d expect from the name. I left off the topping sprinkles and it was enough for me. 🙂
Happiest Birthday Emma!!!
I am making these with my 4 and 7 year old daughters tomorrow to celebrate getting healthy after them being sick for 2 weeks. 😂
Happy Birthday! Tomorrow is my 35th birthday! Now who can I get to make these for me….
Happy birthday Heidi!
Looks fantastic but says mix vanilla and egg and set aside I’m guessing you add it to the butter and sugar then the flour ?
Happy birthday x
Guess what we’re making today…..?
//Happy Birthday Emma – May it always be your tradition to share very excellent cookie recipes on your day of days. You know it makes sense. oXo
Thank you for all the birthday wishes!
Happy birthday Emma! I hope you have a great day and a great year!
These cookies look so fun, we’ll be making them soon 😁
Happy Birthday Emma!!!
Happy birthday, Emma! Hoping 36 is the best year yet!
These look amazing!
Happy birthday Emma!